RECRUITING – GENERAL MANAGER
– A complete understanding of what it takes to give excellent hospitality.
– Fantastic enthusiasm for leading a team and bringing them along with them on a busy service.
– A love of food and drink and a desire to increase their learning and understanding of food and drink which includes supplier organised trips abroad.
– An understanding of having a great working relationship with colleagues, supporting and nurturing them. And in the kitchen, keeping them the chefs informed and supporting them to deliver a great service with you.
– A strong desire to contribute ideas for pushing Church Street Tavern onwards and upwards.
– Managing services for up to 100 covers ensuring service is slick, knowledgeable and hospitable.
– Overseeing bookings, customer enquiries including private party bookings and private events including weddings, fashion shows and wine tastings.
– Overseeing all aspects of Personnel – recruitment, induction and training, team building, rota, holiday management.
– Working alongside our Head Chef and Assistant Manager in ensuring Church Street Tavern’s our team are happy, thriving and growing Church Street Tavern.
– Salary of between £21,500 and £24,500.
– Equal share of tips with no company deductions, this equates to c. £3,000 pa.
– Bonus scheme which up to 10% of salary can be earned.
– £500 voucher to spend in Church Street Tavern and sister establishment, The Sun Inn, Dedham.
– 45 hours per week with 28 days holiday per year. Overtime paid where continually exceeding contracted hours.
– Closed Sunday night and all day Monday and Tuesday. Flexible rotas.
– Closed from 25 December until 3 January.
– Personal development, quarterly appraisal with work plans and continuous training.
– Supplier trips which include an annual wine trip to France, Spain or Italy.